Multi Medical is excited to add MACRA & MIPS services to our offerings. Multi Medical now has a CMS Certified MIPS expert on staff to assist our clients with MACRA & MIPS compliance for our providers.
How Can Multi-Medical Help Your Practice?
Our management team works together on all aspects of your practice to ensure that we are doing everything we can to bring in as much revenue for your practice as possible.
It’s no secret that payers continue to impose increasingly complex rules and claim edits with the single goal of limiting payment. This frequently means that practices remain unpaid on the valuable services provided to their patients. Our motto at Multi-Medical is "We don't get paid unless you do".
Is your practice suffering from the headaches associated with the medical billing process?
Is your staff overwhelmed with your billing?
Are you spending more time with billing problems than with your patients?
Is your aged account receivable getting out of hand?
Is your office flooded with patient calls due to billing questions?
Would you like to free up you and your staff to deal with your patient's health and not their billing problems?
Typically 37% of initial medical billing claims are denied and of those 50% are never followed up on, according to an MGMA medical billing services white paper by Chris George. Few billing companies will take on the challenges of recovering aged account receivable (AR), but we are experts at it. Practices often experience AR problems as a result of employee turnover, lack of resources to follow up on denied and unpaid claims, transition to a new EMR, or simply poor billing performance.
We have developed a precise method over the years to assure that your AR is worked thoroughly every 30 days. Because our dedicated Account Representatives work your entire AR every month, they are adept at recognizing any downward trends in your AR and work closely with your practice to correct them. From electronic claims rejections to denials to no response claims, our team makes sure that your claims are processed and paid correctly. Our account representatives are also expert at handling those tough claims payers like PIP, Workers Compensation and the Veteran’s Administration. These payers have very strict filing guidelines and require additional paperwork to meet those requirements. We will make sure that the necessary guidelines are followed and ensure that your claims are timely and accurate.
At Multi-Medical we communicate directly with your patients to resolve their billing questions. We consider ourselves an extension of your practice and always treat your patients with the utmost respect. Following up on denied or unpaid claims is the most time consuming aspect for medical providers. Multi-Medical Billing can take that burden off of you meaning that your overhead shrinks while your revenue grows.
Credentialing & Provider Enrollment Services
In addition to our Medical Billing Service, we also offer Credentialing & Provider Enrollment Services. Whether you are starting a new practice or need to make changes to your current enrollments, our credentialing department can handle the details. We are especially adept at ensuring that your practice is compliant with Medicare of Florida provider enrollment requirements.
Working denials, correspondence, appeals, extensive insurance follow-up and provider communication is key to our successful medical billing company located in Jacksonville Florida.
Our Credentialing and Provider Enrollment Services include but are not limited to:
- Initial enrollment with all insurance companies
- Changes to your demographic information such as billing address, service location, banking changes, etc.
- Converting your practice to a Group if needed
- Enrolling additional providers for your practice and linking them with your current enrollments and contracts
- Creating or maintaining your CAQH (http://www.caqh.org/) enrollment for faster and more streamlined credentialing and re-credentialing
- Submitting the necessary re-credentialing information to keep your contracts compliant and current
Charges are keyed in a timely manner, normally within 24 – 72 hours of receipt. Charges are entered in a batch and are reconciled prior to claims being submitted. Insurance verification is performed on all Medicare and Medicaid policies to ensure that the information provided is correct, which helps us identify HMO policies that may not have been disclosed by the patient. This allows us to get the claim to the proper insurance prior to any filing limit.
We try to be sure that the diagnosis and CPT codes given are compatible prior to submitting the claim, so that clean claims are submitted. Claims are submitted on a daily basis both electronically and paper. Availity and other web portals are used for insurance verification. Routine audits are performed to ensure keying accuracy. Denials/claim rejections are worked on a daily basis. NCCI edits are built in the system to help ensure proper billing. CPT and ICD-9 edits are built in the system to help ensure accuracy. There is an open line of communication between the data entry staff and physician office staff. An update to patient chart is sent to the physician’s office to notify them of any insurance changes. We stay abreast of CPT and ICD-9 changes.
What Else Do We Offer Our Providers?
- No voicemails - A human being is there to answer your phone calls as well as your patients' phone calls
- Nothing is outsourced overseas - which is normally very popular in the billing industry
- Everything is personalized to meet your wants and needs
- Advanced technology solutions
Our Software Program
In 2011, we transitioned to a new and highly advanced software program that provides the following:
- A scheduling program that providers can use for themselves and also for patients
- Patient insurance eligibility check with hundreds of insurance companies
- Our program connects to several electronic medical records systems
- Online dashboards showing charges, payments, adjustments, AR, & days in AR
- Contracts are loaded so charges go out at the contracted rates
- Daily emailed provider reports
- Reports can be run by providers, saved in PDF or Excel format
- Soon to have a 24 hour patient payment portal where patients can make payments online
- All claims go through Gateway clearinghouse with less than 24 hour turn around on denials with front end & back end edits – Therefore decreasing your days in AR
- Payments are posted electronically via ERA’s and most payments come EFT
- Denials are also received electronically and worked the same or following day
- Gateway Clearinghouse has 4,476 edits where claims are scrubbed to reduce the delay in claims processing
All charges are entered according to the location in which services were rendered. Charges received may be missing pertinent information or certain discrepancies that must be clarified before the claim can be billed out. Examples: The date of service, the provider who rendered the service, miscoded or undercoded CPT’s or a procedure / diagnosis incompatibility.
Multi-Medical takes the time required to confirm this information is accurately submitted by accessing records, contacting the facility, or the patient. We strive to handle these charges without having to contact the provider and will only do so if all other efforts have been exhausted. Please Note: The CPT code will never be altered without the express consent of the provider. If the physical description of the procedure does not match the CPT code listed on the encounter, the procedure will be verified against the report. Thereby, preserving the integrity of both the claim being submitted as well as the patients medical record.
If, upon review, the report reflects that additional procedures were preformed beyond the primary CPT being reported, the rendering provider will be contacted regarding the billing of these charges.
We continue to work all accounts until they are paid or denied by insurance – however long it takes. If an insurance does not pay according to the contract an adjustment is not taken however, an appeal is submitted to the insurance for additional payment. After insurance pays or denies a claim the patient is sent two statements and a collection letter statement. Patients are personally called to request payment before sending to the provider. The account is noted in our system and the accounts are personally picked up once a week by our OUTSIDE COLLECTION AGENCY. The information is provided to the provider at month end and received back with directions as to writing the balance off as a bad debt or sending to the outside collection agency. In the event the patient does not pay the balance due the account is reviewed for collection agency referral to be placed on the patients credit file for 7 years.